Sep 14, 2017
By AM740 Staff
We caught up with Frank Proctor, host of Theatre of the Mind, and Live in the City to ask him a quick Q&A. Let’s find out more about Frank!
1. How did you get started in broadcasting?
It all started at little radio station in Chatham Ontario when I was 17 years old. During my last year of High School in my hometown of London Ontario, I had been working Sunday evenings at the London Free Press as a copyboy. Part of my duties was to take copy from the writers in the editorial rim down to the compositors to be set up for printing. As luck would have it, on the 3rd floor were the studios for CFPL Radio. I was drawn up there like flies to honey. Once I met the DJ’s and they realized I would love to get into “The Business”, they helped me make a tape that I could take around to smaller radio stations. Imagine my excitement when I got a call from the program Director At CFCO in Chatham, Ontario. My Dad was sitting in his favourite chair when I got the call . He mouthed “How much are they going to pay you?” Hand covering the phone receiver I said “$42.50 a week!” That beat what I was earning at the time at a print shop melting lead slugs into a big metal pot. Dad almost shouted “Take it! I did. That was over 50 years ago and I’ve never regretted the decision.
2. What’s the best movie you’ve ever paid money to see?
3. If you could only go to ONE more concert in your life, who would you see?
Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas
4. What would your partner say is your most annoying habit?
5. Everybody has one thing they cook REALLY well. What’s your specialty?
My brand of chicken wings. Foolproof recipe:
6. Coolest person in entertainment history?
7. Favourite gift you ever received?
Just like in the movie “A Christmas Story” a Red Ryder BB Gun when I was 8
8. Do you prefer a crew neck of a V-neck style of t-shirt?
9. One classic TV show you wish they’d remake.
10. One classic TV show they should never, ever touch.
To learn about advertising opportunities with Zoomer Radio use the link below: